Final Submission Failed

Thanks! I finally completed my submission. The issue was my internet connection.

1 Like

Hello! Our team also faced a similar problem and submitted via email. We used katsojohnobotsang@gmail.com to make that submission. Please let us know if you have received it and if the files meet the submission criteria.

My Submission keeps falling, i have the required files

@patmekury What is the error message you see when you try and submit? What files does your submission contain?

The ZIP archive contains unrecognized file name(s): {‘’, ‘.ds_store’}. Accepted file names are: [‘report.mp4’, ‘report.pdf’, ‘summary.pdf’, ‘visual.jpeg’, ‘visual.jpg’, ‘visual.pdf’, ‘visual.png’, ‘visual_demo.mp4’]

i have report.pdf, summary.pdf, visual.mp4 and visual.png

Hi @patmekury, you’re not allowed to have extra files in your submission. It sounds like yours includes .DS_Store, which is a hidden file on Macs. You’ll want to create the zip from the command line rather than using “compress” in finder. There are instructions on how to do this here: https://www.drivendata.org/competitions/256/pale-blue-dot/page/803/#creating-a-zip-archive

i did, i still get the error.

@patmekury What exactly are the files in your submission? I noticed you listed visual.mp4 as one of the files. Per the submission format, that file should be named visual_demo.mp4.

How did you create your ZIP archive? As Emily mentioned, using the python instructions here should remove the .DS_store file.

I did in the command line, it still gave me the error

@patmekury Was it the same error as previously? Is you have a file called visual.mp4 instead of video_demo.mp4, that will also cause an error.

Others who have run into this error have been successful when creating the submission in Python.

If you are still unable to submit, you may send your submission over email to info [at] drivendata [dot] org

i submitted it through mail. let me know if it was received.