Final Visualization and Report

Hi,
Can the final visualization(image.jpg) have texts explaining the different maps and all?
Also, by ‘detailed report’, does it mean we ought to create a step-by-step tutorial on every procedure we undertook?
Cheers!

1 Like

Hello, do you have a spot at your team? I want to join you!

@linusanari Good questions.

Can the final visualization(image.jpg) have texts explaining the different maps and all?

The visualization may include short text like labels, but any longer explanation should go into the short summary or the detailed report.

Also, by ‘detailed report’, does it mean we ought to create a step-by-step tutorial on every procedure we undertook?

The detailed report does not need to be a step-by-step tutorial, but should generally describe your methodology and how your submission meets the evaluation criteria.

The submission format section of the problem description page lays out more details, and includes prompts that you can use to structure your detailed report.

1 Like

Thanks mate. Really appreciate

A Detailed Report Template is provided on the challenge website. It has 5 questions. Do I have to use those questions in the same order to prepare my Detailed Report?

Hi @jyoti-bhogal !

The order in which you address the questions does not matter. The goal of the detailed report is to describe your methodology and explain how your submission meets the evaluation criteria. The prompts are provided as a suggestion, for how to can structure to report to address all the components of the evaluation criteria.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your prompt reply!

Good Day
I want to know if you have a spot on your team and if there is, is it possible that i join your team?

My zipped file is not getting uploaded. When I try to upload, I get this error:

**The ZIP archive contains unrecognized file name(s): {‘’, ‘.ds_store’}. Accepted file names are: [‘report.mp4’, ‘report.pdf’, ‘summary.pdf’, ‘visual.jpeg’, ‘visual.jpg’, ‘visual.pdf’, ‘visual.png’, ‘visual_demo.mp4’]**The following submission component(s) are either missing or incorrectly named: {‘visual’}

FYIP, I have named my Visualisation file as visual_demo.mp4. Yet it is not getting uploaded. The zipped folder size is around 13 MB.
Please help soon!

@kwetstone
Here’s the screenshot of the error, for more context.

Continuing the discussion from Final Visualization and Report:

It is suggested in the Submission Format, we can either submit a .mp4 file or include a URL of the visual demo in the detailed report.

When I upload my visual_demo.mp4 file, I get the erorr that the name is not correct.
So I excluded this file from my zipped folder. I added the URL of the visual demo in my detailed report report.pdf.

I tried to upload this file, and got the error that ‘visual’ file is missing.

Please look at the screenshot below:

Could you please suggest what should I do to make a successful submission?

Hi @jyoti-bhogal ! Happy to help.

The ZIP archive contains unrecognized file name(s): {‘’, ‘.ds_store’}. Accepted file names are: [‘report.mp4’, ‘report.pdf’, ‘summary.pdf’, ‘visual.jpeg’, ‘visual.jpg’, ‘visual.pdf’, ‘visual.png’, ‘visual_demo.mp4’]

.ds_store is a file that sometimes gets automatically generated in a zip file. It might not be visible inside the folder you are zipping up, so it can be tricky to spot. How did you create your zip file? There are a few different methods for zipping up files on the problem description page. I’d recommend trying a different method than the one you used before.

The following submission component(s) are either missing or incorrectly named: {‘visual’}

This means that the image file in your submission may not have the correct name. You likely don’t need to change the visual_demo.mp4 file, but do need to rename your image to visual.png, visual.jpg, visual.jpeg, or visual.pdf..

Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you still have trouble! (This is the same answer I sent in response to your message, posting here so it’s publicly visible)

Hello @kwetstone

1. Regarding .ds_store, I tried a different method to zip the file. This error does not occur anymore, as these extra file is not in my zipped folder anymore.

2. I am continuing to get the second error: ‘The following submission component(s) are either missing or incorrectly named: {‘visual’}’

I have a .mp4 file to be submitted. I have named it as ‘visual_demo.mp4’. I also tried to submit a static image with name as ‘visual.png’. For both these attempts, I get the same error.

Please let me know your best advice!
Also, if I continue to get this submission error, would my final submission be accepted via email? If yes, please let me know the email address. I have already sent my zipped folder to the address info@drivendata.org today.

Looking forward to your reply!
Really want to submit my visualizations!
Tagging my teammate @KaregaPauline

@jyoti-bhogal

1. Regarding .ds_store, I tried a different method to zip the file. This error does not occur anymore, as these extra file is not in my zipped folder anymore.

Glad to hear you were able to resolve this!

1. I am continuing to get the second error: ‘The following submission component(s) are either missing or incorrectly named: {‘visual’}’

There was a similar question in this thread as well. It sounds like your submission does not include an image (visual.png, visual.jpg, visual.jpeg, or visual.pdf), which is required. A static image is still required even if you are also submitting a visual_demo.mp4.

A submission is required to have two files:

• An image of your visual (visual.png, visual.jpg, visual.jpeg, or visual.pdf)
  • A summary (summary.pdf)

In addition, you are also allowed to include:

• A detailed report (report.pdf or report.mp4)
  • A video demo (visual_demo.mp4)

In your case, it sounds like you want to include all four: visual.png, summary.pdf, report.pdf and visual_demo.mp.

I hope this is helpful! Please let us know if you are still having trouble, we’re happy to help.

Dear @kwetstone ,
With the above steps, I was able to resolve the issue faced in submission. @rubai_du you can also try following the above mentioned steps. They are super helpful. Turns out my mistake was that earlier I did not submit an image file. Since I wanted to submit a video, I thought that the video would be enough (along with the summary file). However, even if we are submitting a video, we need to also submit an image file.
This will resolve the error.

Thank you so much @kwetstone !

2 Likes

Oh no! It’s refusing to upload. I’m getting the error:

1 Like

@linusanari Our website is still up. Is it possible that your internet is down or otherwise spotty? That would be my first guess based on the error message. If you can, I’d recommend trying a different internet connection or maybe a different browser.

I'd like to do an excellent Project, but I have difficulties with Internet.
   Pale Blue Dot is with me since my teenager in Cosmos.
   Thanks for opportunity @nasa!

Yeah, it uploaded at last. My teammate uploaded from her end and it did successfully.
Cheers!

1 Like