Submission problems

Hi,
we are facing issues when submitting: it randomly seems to stop at 100% of upload (and we waited up to 2 hours after upload). Is this expected? Shall we just wait until something happens? By the way, some other time everything goes well, but it’s about 1 every 3 attempts.
Our file is very large, however when working with large language models, it is somewhat expected, in particular with no Internet access. And we upload from the university network, in about 20 minutes it reaches 100%.

Sometimes but not always there is this message:

Furthermore, a suggestion for platform managers: since I suppose it happens frequently that a smoke test is followed by a submission with the same code, it could be useful and convenient for all to have the possibility to reuse the last submitted code. I can imagine you delete it just after execution, however letting it available for 1 hour or so may save bandwidth on your side (and headaches on ours :slight_smile: ).

1 Like

Hey @vdellamea-

We’ve sporadically encountered this issue (uploads reaching 100% and stalling) in the past and have unfortunately not yet uncovered the underlying cause. It does indeed seem to have something to do with large file size uploads. As you’ve done already, re-uploading seems to work most of the time, but I certainly understand that it is taxing bandwidth and patience to wait for such large uploads. We’ll take a closer look and see if we can identify the underlying problem and figure out a solution. Can you provide me (via email) with the timestamp(s) of uploads that have reached 100% but failed to successfully submit? This will help in our investigations.

since I suppose it happens frequently that a smoke test is followed by a submission with the same code, it could be useful and convenient for all to have the possibility to reuse the last submitted code.

This is an excellent suggestion, thank you! We had considered trying to do something similar to this for the competition, but given the particular sensitivity of the dataset were not able to come up with a satisfactory solution prior to launch. This input will be helpful to the design of future code execution competitions, I’ll take it to the team to discuss.

Thanks,
Chris