MathWorks Resources for Participants

Hello Everybody!

We at MathWorks are excited to support participants of Kelp Wanted by providing complimentary MATLAB licenses, tutorials, and additional getting started resources. MATLAB can be a powerful tool for your team, as it works well with large datasets and allows you to take a high-level approach to machine and deep learning, making it easy for beginners and pros alike to quickly start creating models.

To request your complimentary license and get access to a variety of resources on using MATLAB for data science, please visit this landing page.

Additionally, we have provided starter code in MATLAB for this challenge! This blog post walks you through each step of the starter code and provides some additional resources along the way. We will also be hosting a livestream on December 14th at 11am ET to go through the tutorial and answer any questions you may have!

A bonus $3,000 (USD) cash prize will be awarded to the top MATLAB user (which could also be one of the top 3 overall).

Best of luck to all participants! If you have any questions you would like answered by someone from MathWorks, please reply to this thread.

1 Like

UPDATE: We are also offering 100 participants up to 20 hours of complimentary GPU compute credits via MATLAB Online! To access these credits, request your MATLAB license here:

When your license has been created, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to get started with MATLAB and access the GPU. This can be particularly helpful when it comes to training neural networks or performing other computationally intensive tasks.

Can individuals, who are no longer students or associated with academia, avail the Cloud GPU?

Hi @Vorxart,

Yes, anyone participating in the competition can utilize this resource!

1 Like

Hey, is there any tutorial to prepare the data to be upload to the matlab online? I just notice there is a limitation of size file can be upload to matlab online. gz file that training used 7GB , any guideline will be great, since I am kinda new with matlab online. Thanks

Hi @kokoedwin,

Great question! If you go to your MATLAB Drive and click ‘Upload’, this should give you the option to upload larger files or folders. When you return to MATLAB Online, the files you uploaded should be there. Please note that MATLAB Drive/MATLAB Online has a storage limit of 20GB.

Please let me know if you have any further questions,
Grace

First of all, thanks for your replied.
I have tried and I still need to upload the data manually, i cant directly upload all of it, it always failed when i tried it. But no worries, it solved.

Do you know any source where it can guide me to use the gpu from matlab online?

@kokoedwin,

To use the GPU credits, you’ll first need to request your complimentary MATLAB Desktop license here:

When your request is processed, you’ll receive an email with instructions on how to access MATLAB Online and the 20 hours of GPU credits.

I’m sorry to hear you’re still experiencing issues uploading the data to MATLAB Drive, I will pass on this feedback to our team.

Thank you!
Grace