Can i participate in this competition

Hi Organizer and folks,

I am here to clarify a doubt regarding the eligibility criteria. Actually, I am a Kaggle Competition Master (Mohammed | Master | Kaggle) who won 2 competitions and 6 medals in Competition. Since Kaggle allow me if my parents submit a parental consent form and i can compete without any issues I am interested in participating in your competition too. But the thing is that I am below 18 and I am not sure that I could compete or not. My parents allow me to do so. But I need a final clarification from the organizer’s side. expecting for fast reply and clarification.

Thank you in advance

Hi @mohri - Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately you are not eligible to participate in this challenge. See the rules copied below. It’s great to see what you’ve done so far.

The Competition is open to all natural persons who, at the date of entry, are a legal resident of a country, state, province or territory within the Territory and at least eighteen years of age and the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence. Legal entities and organizations are not eligible for entry. There is no purchase or donation necessary to enter the Competition. All potential winners must successfully pass a sanctions screening by Competition Entities to be eligible to receive any prize in this Competition.

Hi @glipstein, about the term ‘Legal entities and organizations are not eligible for entry.’,

Does that mean employees working at organizations are not eligible for prize?

Hi @separate - This just means participants must be individuals (natural persons). For instance, employees might participate, but they are doing so as individuals and not as the company. You may also want to check the paragraph under Registration that addresses employer policies, copied below.

You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for abiding by your employer’s policies regarding participation in the Competition. Competition Sponsor disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for disputes arising between an employee and employer related to this Competition and failure to resolve any such dispute to Competition Entities’ satisfaction may result in disqualification from the Competition. Participants (including each member of a Team) must not be under any legal or contractual obligation that would prohibit their participation in this Competition as described in these Competition Rules. If participating in this Competition would result in a violation by Participant of any law applicable to them or any agreement to which they are a party or employer or company policies and procedures, such Participant is ineligible. Participants and Teams (including each member of a Team) represent and warrant that their participation in this Competition does not violate their employer’s or company’s policies and procedures. If you are participating within the scope of your employment, as an employee, contractor, or agent of a legal entity, you warrant that such party has full knowledge of your actions and has consented thereto, including your potential receipt of a prize.

Hope that helps!

Thanks! It helps a lot.