Query regarding deadline dates for Phase 1

Hi team,

I wanted to confirm the submission deadlines for phase 1. I did not find an exact date for the same (probably I missed it). The main page says - “Phase 1: Model Development (June - October 2021)”, " Phase 2: Final Scoring (October 26, 2021 00:00 UTC to October 27, 2021 23:59 UTC)" and “Teaming : All teams must be formed by October 19, 2021 23:59:59 UTC , prior to the beginning of Phase 2.” which all suggest different dates.

It would be really helpful if you could clarify the same and at the earliest. Thank you

Hi sneezygiraffe.

The submission deadline for Phase 1 is October 19, 2021 23:59:59 UTC.

We did send out an announcement about it here, but you’re right it’s not clearly noted on the competition pages. I’ve updated those accordingly so it’s more clear for others.

Thanks for asking!

Hi @mike-dd

Thank you for your prompt response. I had another question regarding the exact requirements at the end of Phase1. By “Freeze the code”, do you also imply to say freeze the model as well and it must just be evaluated on the new dataset provided then. To be more specific, are we allowed to train the model for a bit more longer (with no modifications to the submitted code) on the provided training dataset after October 19th.

Thanks and eagerly waiting to hear from you

Good question, @sneezygiraffe.

Yes, we also mean that the model and model weights must be frozen. No additional training should take place after the end of Phase 1 (Oct 19).

As you say, the idea is simply that all participants’ models remain in the state that they were at the end of Phase 1, and are then applied to the new Phase 2 dataset.

Thank you for reaching out to clarify this.