Data to be used for Viz challenge

Can you use/ignore any part of the main dataset and the additional dataset for the viz challenge? Or is there a part that needs to be used and included in the challenge?
Also, if using external data, it says that you should post a link to it on the forum, does this needs to be done at the time of submission or just before the competition ends?
Thank you.

Hi @lz01, you can use any parts of the provided data that are relevant for your visualization.

For external data, we’d encourage you to post potentially interesting public datasets as soon as you find them. We’ve created a forum thread for that purpose. We’re interested in putting together the most relevant datasets for all competitors to explore in their visualizations.

That said, there is no deadline for posting those links.

Ok, this makes sense. Thanks for the reply.

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum. I am participating in data viz competition and confused about one thing. Is it compulsory that one needs to be a part of team?

Hi @Ankur, I am also new here. I don’t think it is compulsory to be in a team. I believe the word ‘team’ is used throughout the website to mean both individual competitors (as in team of one) and teams comprised of 2 people or more.

@Ankur @lz01,

Welcome and thanks for participating! There is to requirement that you have a team. You may submit either as a team or as an individual.

Enjoy, and let us know if you have any other questions!

Thanks for clarifying the doubt.

Hi All,

I am participating in viz challenge and I have a question regarding the Target table. What is the unit of yield. Is it cubic meters of water. Moreover, in additional data that is consumption data… Can you tell that whether the consumption is also in cubic meters of water.

@Ankur You may want to check out the forum topic titled “Units of yield; total SA of nets?”. There may be information in there that will help you.

Hi @jderuiter Thanks for suggesting the forum. However, didn’t find an appropriate answer for the same as it is mentioned there that yield data is unit less. However, I want to use yield and consumption data to do the analysis for viz challenge. It will be very kind of you if you know how could we convert yield data into cubic meters.