Congrats Quoc Le

Congratulations to Quoc Le for winning the first money competition of Drivendata. We would really like to know more about your approach.

Are we allowed to share code and approach on the forums?

4 Likes

Congratulations to all winners. I am looking forward to knowing about yours approaches.

2 Likes

Thanks abhishek and kappa! I am also really interested in your approaches. I am cleaning up my code and putting together documentation now. I didn’t do anything fancy, but I am looking forward to comparing approaches whenever we have the green light.

Also I really wanted to thank DataDriven.org and ERS for hosting/sponsoring the competition. It is great to have this channel for practicing our craft while doing social good. Looking forward to future competitions.

3 Likes

Congratulations guys !! This competition just tells me how much more I need to learn !
Really looking forward to you sharing your approaches.
Thanks DataDriven.org and ERS for this great competition :smile:

2 Likes

@abhishek @quocnle - share away, guys! :pencil:

Just for the record, sharing during the competition will normally be fine as long as it’s on the forum so everyone gets to learn. For example, the rules for Box-Plots made that acceptable. (I suppose it’s possible there could be competitions in the future with no sharing during the competition, but that would be special circumstances.)

So eventually the code we gather will be shared on Github under a permissive OSS license (we chose MIT), but feel free to discuss/share here.

Edit to add: If a team/person decides to share, maybe each can make their own thread and mark it within the Box-plots for Education category? That way, everyone’s method can get their own discussion!

5 Likes

Congratulations to Quoc Le and Giba!
Thanks to all competitors and organizers.
My part of the solution is in process.

Waiting for the next competitions! :yum:

2 Likes

Thanks stasg7, congrats to you too! I am in the same boat and I hope to have my detailed solution documented and ready to share very soon. Looking forward to learning from your and everyone’s solutions as well.

1 Like

Congratulations Quoc Le, as well as everyone else who competed. I did a fairly brief write up of my experience during the competition over on my blog for those who are curious.

5 Likes

@JesseBuesking - thanks for sharing your process via blog post. This is exactly the kind of transparent, “lab notebook” stuff I love to read and which you don’t always get from posts about ML.

1 Like

Congrats to the winners! It was an interesting problem to work on, I’ve also written up my approach on my blog if anyone cares to know more… Looking forward to the next comp here!

4 Likes

Hey all, just posted an interview we did with @quocnle on the blog.

Thanks for chatting with us, Quoc!

1 Like