Benchmark Code issue

I have installed the python package ‘nb_black’. However, I couldn’t load %load_ext lab_black.
Also, there is an assertion error. Details of the code and error are given below.

DATA_DIR = Path.cwd().parent.resolve() / “data/final/public”
assert DATA_DIR.exists()

AssertionError:
Input In [20], in <cell line: 2>()

Hi,

I am facing an issue while installing odc.stac. The bash is stuck on solving environments for almost 24 hours. How do I resolve it?

@punyachinju Happy to help!

DATA_DIR = Path.cwd().parent.resolve() / “data/final/public”
assert DATA_DIR.exists()

You’ll need to update DATA_DIR to be the path to your saved data. Path.cwd().parent.resolve() / “data/final/public” is simply where the data was saved on my machine relative to the benchmark when I ran that code.

I have installed the python package ‘nb_black’. However, I couldn’t load %load_ext lab_black.

lab_black is an extension to automatically format code in a more readable way, so it is definitely not a requirement for running the benchmark. You could just comment out that line, and it won’t interfere with running the remainder of the code.

If you’d like to use nb_black, the error could be related to whether you are using jupyter lab or jupyter notebook. If you are using jupyter notebook, I believe you should run %load_ext nb_black instead of lab_black.

Good luck!

@usb For reference we installed odc.stac with:

$ pip install odc-stac

I’m not sure exactly what error you’re running into – it may be helpful to post some of your terminal output. I’d also recommend search stack overflow for those kinds of questions.

Good luck!