Categorical value representations

Is there a way to know what some of the categorical values represent? For example the foundation types r, w, i, u, and h, what do they stand for? It would be easier to make inferences if we knew the context a little better.

Were you able to figure out what the categorical values represent?

Same here. Would be really helpful to know this kind of information.

How to deal with dataset can you guide me i am beginner.

If anyone can teach me how to handle such type of dataset

In the context of earthquake-resistant building design, these letters typically refer to different foundation types:

•	R: Refers to a “Raft” or “Mat” foundation, which is a large concrete slab that supports the entire structure.
•	W: Stands for “Well” foundation, which involves excavating the soil to a considerable depth and constructing a well-like structure to support the building.
•	I: Represents an “Isolated” foundation, where individual footings support columns independently, allowing for some degree of movement.
•	U: Stands for “Under-reamed” foundation, involving widening the base of the foundation to provide greater stability.
•	H: Refers to “Pile” foundations, where vertical columns (piles) are driven deep into the ground to support the structure.

Each type has its advantages and is chosen based on factors like soil conditions, building load, and seismic considerations.